Loyal Legion Beaverton
The ChefStable restaurant group had been keeping a keen eye on the growing collection of new bars and restaurants opening in Old Town Beaverton, so when the historic Bank of Beaverton building became available, it seemed too good of an opportunity to pass up.
Originally built in 1923, the historic building had most recently been used as a dance studio, with a wide-open main room under a high vaulted ceiling.
“We feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to take over a historic building like this and to become part of the Beaverton restaurant community." - Kurt Huffman, Managing Partner, Loyal Legion, ChefStable
The large symmetrical hall would be used to create a 150-seat bar built out on the main floor, with a secondary cocktail bar upstairs in what used to be office space. The former bank vault was transformed into a private dining room, while the 3,000 square foot parking lot became a 100-seat covered patio.
A great variety of tiles from factories in Japan, Brazil, Spain, and the US were installed throughout the project.